Benetti MY/Checkmate To Debut At Fort Lauderdale Yacht Show
BENETTI M/Y “CHECKMATE”
At the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2013
The Benetti Vision 145′ (BV018) MY Checkmate arrives in US at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2013 for its US debut.
Benetti MY Checkmate – unit BV018 – is the 15th yacht built in the fortunate Vision line, and the top of the Class range of yachts.
The incomparable experience of Benetti’s highly skilled workers, who have acted as ambassadors of Italian styling and the highest form of craftmanship excellence for 140 years, have created Checkmate’s interior: both rich and sober, with a combination of cherry and Burr Madrona woods, neoclassical dark inlays enhanced by marble – the definitive confirmation of their skill.
The new Benetti Vision 145′ is almost 44 meters long with a beam of over 9 meters. She is equipped with twin 1,300 HP Caterpillar engines, delivering a top speed of 15 knots and a cruising range of over 3,500 nautical miles.
CEO of the Mega-yacht division of the the Azimut/Benetti Group, Vincenzo Poerio, declared: “We are particularly proud of our latest launch, the 100th fiberglass yacht built in Viareggio since 1998. This is a further demonstration of Benetti’s ability to listen to the Client and interpret his specific needs; and above all, another example of a perfect blend between timeless design, world class construction, safety and an extremely high quality on-board life, both for the owner and his crew”.
Named “Checkmate” by her owner, with her imposing yet streamlined profile, her unusual black livery and 44 meters of pure elegance, the latest Vision 145′ will catalyz the attention of all FLIBS 2013 public.
Construction material GRP
Length Overall (LOA) 43,6 m – 143’ 1’’
Maximum Beam 9,26 m – 30’ 4’’
Maximum Draft 2,72 m – 8’ 11’’
Displacement at Full Load 390 t
Fuel Capacity 60.000 l (15.850 US Gals. apx.)
Water Capacity 9.500 l (2.509 US Gals. apx.)
Propulsion 2 x CAT C32 Acert 1300HP, 970 kW @ 1.800 rpm
Maximum Speed 15 knots
Cruising Speed 14 knots
Cruising Range at 12 knots 3.500 nautical miles
Generators Kohler 2 x 125 kW
Bow Thrusters VT Naiad Marine VT 77 77 kW
Stabilizers VT Naiad Marine
Propellers Benetti Design
Electrical system and on board
electronics BEST Benetti’s Exclusive Sea Technology
Intergrated navigation systems on the bridge
Guest Berths 10 guests
Crew Berths 9 crew
Classification ABS Malta Cross A1 Yacht servLY2 compl
Styling & External concept Stefano Righini
Interior Design François Zuretti
Shipyard Benetti Yachts
– With the highest growth rate among the world’s builders of super and mega yachts, Benetti, founded in 1873, the oldest Italian builder of motor-yachts, is an icon of timeless Italian styling combined with world class quality in construction.
– Each yacht is unique, built around her Owner’s needs and desires.
– Benetti designs, builds and markets two product lines: the Class Range with composite construction from 93′ to 145′, and Custom with steel and aluminum construction over 45 meters in length.
– Benetti has three sites: Viareggio (77.707 m2), Livorno (219.440 m2) and Fano (48.837 m2).
– Headquarters for Benetti is in their historic building in Viareggio, Via Coppino 104, with offices in Livorno, Fort Lauderdale, Dubai and Hong Kong.
– Benetti is part of the Aziumt/Benetti Group, the world’s largest private capital luxury nautical group.
Via M. Coppino, 104
55049 Viareggio (Lucca) – Italy
Phone +39 0584 382399 Fax +39 0584 396232
About Benetti online