Fly To Sparkling Porto Montenegro Aboard The Luxurious Challenger 650
Porto Montenegro is fast becoming the jewel in the crown of Balkan states, with its crystal clear, azure waters, cool mountain ranges and a je-ne-sais-quoi allure that has everyone dubbing it the new Monte Carlo.
Even 18th century British romantic poet Lord Byron wrote:
“At the moment of the creation of our planet, the most beautiful merging of land and sea occurred at the Montenegrin seaside…When the pearls of nature were sworn, an abundance of them were strewn all over this area.”
One of the best ways to enjoy this Mediterranean sapphire is to fly to Tivat, a small coastal town in southwest Montenegro, situated in the Bay of Kotor.
Tivat Airport is located just 1.9 miles south of the city centre and a mere four miles from the spectacular new multi-million dollar Porte Montenegro marina. The marina is the epitome of luxury and style, with plenty of space for some of the largest and well-appointed superyachts in Europe, as Montenegro continues to attract glitterati in search of an unspoiled Mediterranean getaway without the hassle, crowds and cost of the usual Med destinations.
Tivat Airport, one of two commercial airports in Montenegro (the other is Podgorica) has a 4D ICAO classification, airspace class D and an 8,000 foot runway, ending just 288 feet from the coast of the Bay of Kotor, making approaches and landings somewhat challenging (due also to hilly terrain and strong crosswinds). The view for passengers on final approach is spectacular.
Traffic has more than doubled since 2006 when Montenegro broke ties with Serbia, and last year alone, more than 1,000,000 movements were reported, due in large part to the increasing number of private jets carrying Porte Montenegro vacationers.
Bombardier’s Challenger 650 has the range, efficiency and comfort to get you there
The newest offering from Canadian jet giant, Bombardier, the Challenger 650 (formerly referred to as the Challenger 605 “NG”), is up to the task and perfectly suited to an eight hour non-stop hop (under certain conditions) across the pond and will leave you rested and relaxed when you arrive.
Plus, the Challenger 650 offers private and business travelers the best-in-class safety, reliability, efficiency, low operating costs and comfort they want when crossing the pond to luxury destinations like Porto Montenegro.
NetJets endorses the Challenger 650 by buying 25
In 2012, fractional ownership giant NetJets announced it was purchasing 25 of the Challenger 650 aircraft, with more possibly to come.
“The proven reliability of the Challenger 605 series played a significant role in our decision to order Challenger 650 aircraft,” said Senior Vice President of Global Asset Management, Chuck Suma.
“This new aircraft, with its enhanced performance capabilities, cutting-edge interior design and the lowest direct operating costs in its class, will be a great addition to our fleet.”
John Kermashek, Director of Flight Operations and Chief Pilot for a Fortune 500 company said in a Bombardier Aerospace Youtube video, that flying the Challenger 650 meets every need he has.
“Whenever someone is going out to choose an aircraft for a corporation, for an individual or for themselves, the things they look at are safety, reliability, efficiency, cost and comfort.
“The airplane operates to every specification I need. It offers me short field performance. It gives me the distance and it gives me the overall capacity that I really enjoy.”
Challenger 650 Specifications
- Interior Cabin Length – 20.5 feet
- Overall Cabin Length – 28.4 ft
- Cabin Height – 6.1 ft
- Cabin Width – 8.17 ft
- Baggage Volume – 115 ft3
- Passenger Capacity – 11
- Range in Distance – 4246 sm
- Range in Hours – or 8.8 (under certain conditions)
- Speed – 540 mph
- Bombardier Vision Flight deck offers pilots leading edge technology and enhanced comfort and control aesthetics to increase situational awareness, performance and reduce pilot workload
- Latest Generation Flight Management Computer, Synthetic Vision System, Multiscan™ Weather Radar and Heads-Up display.
- Superior thrust from optimized GE engines
- Shorter take-off distances
- Extra cargo capacity
- Greater range when departing challenging airports
- Redesigned and reconfigured with luxury, comfort and style
- Fold-out seating to almost queen-size bed
- Widest-in-class cabin
- Redesigned seats and galley
- Audio and video on demand with streaming, talk and text from 40,000 feet
- Bluetooth integration and industry-leading connectivity capabilities
- Extra wide, fully accessible entry door
- Conference and dining table
What you need to know
- Contact your broker for rates and information for the Challenger 650.
- Tivat Airport transfers and limousine service is available.
- Porto Montenegro has berth space for yachts and superyachts.